Green Cat Contracting Ltd is a privately owned Civil Engineering contractor, based in Livingston, working across several specialisms including , earthworks, roads, drainage, structures, with a primary focus on renewable energy and wind projects.
Your role as a Project Manager will be to work collaboratively with our design & construction teams to deliver a portfolio of projects.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to develop your technical and management skills, grow your professional network, and provide you with excellent long-term potential to advance your career.
You will apply your knowledge and experience on a diverse range of projects across our business portfolio.
As a key member of the team, our design/construction teams will look to you for strategic direction.
You will liaise directly and collaborate with the client, project sponsors and key stakeholders when necessary.
The successful candidate will benefit from a remuneration in line with experience and level.
Reference ID: GCC/CE/Jul21
- Project management duties, including programme and financial management for a portfolio of projects
- Maximising project profitability, monitoring project budgets, managing change and anticipating potential problems
- Leading multidisciplinary teams in ensuring project delivery to clients requirements
- Reviewing studies, concept, preliminary and detailed design
- Technical expertise and leadership in civil engineering design on a range of multi-disciplinary projects, whilst mentoring developing junior staff
- Responsible for managing client relationships and client satisfaction
- Reviewing and checking of technical designs, specifications and reports to ensure compliance with contract requirements
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Proven project management capability in the delivery of multiple projects
- Min 3 years Specific Civils Estimating Experience
- Strong UK experience; * Civil Engineering or other relevant degree
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer status or working towards (CEng)
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of managing clients and other project stakeholders
- Proactive approach, with an ability to adapt to changing scenarios
- Good understanding of contractual issues and risks relating to project delivery
- A proficient project manager who is able to lead projects and deliver high quality outcomes in keeping with their experience and ability
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
Why Work for Green Cat Contracting?
Green Cat Contracting are an exciting young and ambitious contractor that has established a good reputation for delivering renewable energy balance of plant contracts.
Our main office is in Livingston and easily accessible, and we also offer the opportunity to work on sites that can be anywhere in the British Isles.
The team you will join is full of varying knowledge and experience who all want to pull in the same direction and help GCC grow into a large contracting organisation who continue to deliver quality projects for our clients.
Due to the company growing, it is a relatively unique opportunity on offer that will allow the candidate to be exposed to many different parts of the construction process and not just the specific role being advertised, allowing for continuing professional development.
GCC offer support in developing staff, from paying for professional membership fees to maintaining qualifications such as SMSTS, First Aid etc.
Salary & Package
The salary on offer is in the range of £31,000.00-£37,000.00 per year. Green Cat Contracting would be willing to review applications for candidates seeking out with this range if they can demonstrate that they can bring additional value to the company.