About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity to join a young and growing civil engineering contractor based out of our Livingston Head Office. The role of site/setting out engineer will allow the successful candidate the opportunity to work on projects of varying size and complexities including wind farms, hydro electric projects and other renewable energy projects throughout the UK.
This will be a varied role and, dependant on workload and active sites, you could be moving between different sites around the UK on a daily basis or based on a large project full time for the duration of the work. There will also be a requirement for the successful candidate to work from our Livingston office at times to help prepare for projects before work on site begins.
- Check and understand drawings and specifications
- Setting out works utilising GPS, Total Station and other surveying equipment as required
- Undertake as-built surveys and prepare as-built drawings using Auto CAD
- Undertake drawing take-offs for material procurement
- Liaise with other contractors on site
- Ensure Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are adhered to
- Ensure ITP and quality records necessary to meet quality requirements are maintained
- Resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise
- Arrange testing of materials
- Keep a Site Diary
- Provide support to the Project Managers & Site Managers in managing projects
- Introduce improvements and innovation where appropriate to areas of your responsibility
- Undertake other duties as required by the Company to facilitate construction of the works
- Prepare and undertake site briefings
- Deputise for Site Manager where required
The Ideal Candidate Essential:
- Formal qualification in Civil Engineering/Engineering at HND, BEng, MEng or MSc Level
- Site setting out experience 1 – 3 Years utilising GPS and Total Station (may also suit a recent graduate with setting out experience)
- The role is based in Livingston and the candidate must be willing to work away from home for extensive periods of time throughout the UK
- Must be eligible to work in the UK
- Valid UK driving licence
- Experience of setting out on remote green field sites
- Currently hold SSSTS/SMSTS and CSCS card in date
- Someone who is looking to progress to site or project management
Why Work for Green Cat Contracting?
Green Cat Contracting are an exciting young and ambitious contractor that has established a good reputation for delivering renewable energy balance of plant contracts.
Our main office is in Livingston and easily accessible, and we also offer the opportunity to work on sites that can be anywhere in the British Isles.
The team you will join is full of varying knowledge and experience who all want to pull in the same direction and help GCC grow into a large contracting organisation who continue to deliver quality projects for our clients.
Due to the company growing, it is a relatively unique opportunity on offer that will allow the candidate to be exposed to many different parts of the construction process and not just the specific role being advertised, allowing for continuing professional development.
GCC offer support in developing staff, from paying for professional membership fees to maintaining qualifications such as SMSTS, First Aid etc.
Salary & Package
The salary on offer is in the range of £25-35k and a company van. Green Cat Contracting would be willing to review applications for candidates seeking out with this range if they can demonstrate that they can bring additional value to the company.